Thursday, January 13, 2011

Journal #31

Although daydreams may be distracting most of the time, they can also be very helpful. I can remember one time specifically when one of my daydreams actually helped me out of one sticky situation. At that time, I was a rising basketball star in my high school. How good was I? Let's just say that at this point, I was kind of a big deal when it came to the hoops. My predicament was that because I was so amazing, multiple teams wanted me to play for them, college and NBA. I was really struggling trying to make a decision about where to take my talents, and I knew that it was an important decision that would certainly affect the rest of my life. I was sitting in class one day at the prestigious Pleasant Plains High School, and the subject at hand was quite boring. I started to drift away into a daydream. As a child, I often went to see the Harlem Globetrotters with my father, and it was a very enjoyable time. Now, in class, I went back to these happy days, and I dreamed of watching the magic of the Globetrotters. Later that day, my problem was solved. I had decided to join the Globetrotters and become a global star. Of course, everybody was angry that I did not choose to join a "real" team, but I knew that it was right. I thought that further along in my career, I could take the path of the current NBA player Jamario Moon. He was a former Globetrotters player, and he was drafted into the NBA and even in the Slam Dunk Contest. Now, after my years playing for them, I am playing in the NBA for the Miami Heat with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, and they all think I am the greatest. All my stardom is mainly thanks to my pure awesomeness, but I may have never been here without my little daydream in the boring classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment