Friday, February 25, 2011

Journal #36

My favorite meal would probably include, well I do not know, but I can can however describe the meal I just ate for dinner. It was pretty delicious, but I would not say that it was my favorite meal of all time. It included beef pot roast cooked in a Croc-Pot, vegetables including broccoli and cauliflower, fruits like pineapple and blackberries, rice, and of course I had water to drink. It was cooked by my mother, father, and myself, but my mother made the bulk of it because she set up the entire beef pot roast apparatus. It was drenched in succulent brown juices that smelled sweet, but it had a "down home" smell to it. But of course, I could not just dive right in to eating it, the warm white rice, which had a sticky feel to it, had to go down onto that green and brown natural plate first. But then, once the rice base layer was down, the tender, juicy beef could flop onto the hot, cozy bed of rice which tucked in the beef like a loving parent. This was not a strictly carnivorous meal though, the next delicious item onto the lonely, cool plate were the vegetables. The broccoli was green and bushy like a rainy forest, and not to mention the crisp carrots and bland, as always, cauliflower. It was just sitting there on my plate thinking it was worth my time, as if I think that cauliflower is some kind of champion vegetable, in its dreams! I gave it a little more respect by dunking it in a small puddle of Ranch Dressing. Lastly came the always tasty fruits. Although I was already quite full from the scrumptious food I had already eaten, I definitely found some room for the, not sour, but fresh and sweet pineapple and blackberries. Usually one cannot find such plump, bubbly, and explodingly juicy blackberries such as these, but the supermarket came through in the clutch this week. The combination of the yellow and purple came together to create one tantalizing array of fruity smelling fruit. Finally, trusty ol' water was there to wash everything down in a river of deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment