Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Journal #25

It is really quite common for people to wear emotional masks and physical masks for that matter, but that is neither here nor there. In general, I believe everybody wears a mask of some sort in their life whether they mean to or not. It is simply human nature to put on an emotional mask of who you want people to view you as. This may be more extreme for others, but it is rare for someone to speak their mind about every issue. Most people just wear small, or more transparent rather, masks so that their true feelings come out most of the time. I can vouch for this because there have been plenty of times in which I act differently than I normally would or than I would like to. For instance, if I meet somebody new, I will certainly be courteous towards them especially if they are an important person. It is not like I would talk about the school gossip that is in my head if I meet the President of the United States. As I said before, everybody wears an emotional mask in some way or another, and some of these masks can be nice and good, and others can be hurtful or extreme. For example, if somebody puts on a mask to sort of hide themselves from society and go into a kind of shell, then it is hurtful to not only them but to the people around them as well. But of course, it is normal for one to do this because as I mentioned before, it is human nature. Let's say that somebody comes home from work or school, and it has been a rough day for them; they are tired and worried about what is to come. They obviously put on a mask to disregard the tedious or unimportant tasks around them and most of the people around them because they are so caught up in their preceding day's activities. This may sound like a bad thing, but it is a normal occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment